Often Christians think that trying to bring up Jesus, or show someone the love of Jesus has to be weird. What comes to mind is a strange looking person with an awkward smile saying, “Jesus loves you, and so do I!” And while there is not anything necessarily wrong with that, it can come across disingenuous. So, how can believers show the love of Jesus genuinely without being weird? Here are my 10 thoughts
Ten ways to show someone the love of Jesus, without being too
- Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Always have something positive to say about everyone.
- Ask how you can pray for someone–instead of the colloquial greeting “how are you?” (ok that one is a little weird but its worth it!).
- Forgive someone.
- Bake someone cookies……..like me–chocolate chip please 🙂
- Surprise a friend by doing a chore they hate (like sneak cleaning their gutters, mowing their yard, cleaning the bathroom or doing the dishes).
- Pick up the check for someone at the restaurant you frequent.
- Text someone a Bible verse that inspires you.
- Make a visit to someone older that can’t get out.
- Write your friend a letter telling them how awesome God made them.