I was thinking about how the art of gratitude is losing ground. Not only do people not say, “Thank you,” they don’t show thanks either. I find this to be very disheartening. I was raised to say please and thank you, as well as send letters or notes expressing my gratitude. I still do! In fact this week I was thinking back to one of my college professors who helped me though those difficult years. I sent him a short email that expressed my gratitude for his investment in my life.
I am working on sending thank you notes today to people who have donated to a group of which I am involved.
Here is what the Bible says (it says a lot more, but for space I chose three):
1 Coronicles 16:34 says, “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
Colossians 3:17 says, “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
And 1 Thessalonians 5:18 encourages us to, “give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
So, today for your enjoyment and encouragement: 10 Ways to say thanks!
- Thx! (sent from my iPhone).
- Send a text picture of you looking grateful.
- Buy them a drink from Sonic (not during happy hour!).
- Make a certificate of gratitude.
- Thank you video on YouTube.
- Apple Gift Card.
- Say, “You totally made my day today!”
- Home made card (with artwork).
- Personally deliver cookies, cake, or pie! The best are chocolate chip, chocolate cake, and apple pie!
- Thank you! (not sent from my iPhone).
P.S. Thank you for reading my blog!
Comment below how you like to express gratitude.